Time: 4:30 PM
Location: Microsoft Office in Waukesha, WI
Good Morning WiSSUG Community,
November is usually our first snowfall month. We had a trace in Green Bay earlier this morning. Now the weatherman tells us we are going to be treated to a week of December weather. That signals time to stay in side and do indoor things like bone up on SQL Server 2014. What you say…You have just barely begun to roll out SQL Server 2012. You weren’t one of the folks complaining when Microsoft took 5 years between the introduction of SQL Server 2000 and SQL Server 2005 were you? Well there will actually be several compelling reasons to move up to SQL Server 2014. Why don’t you attend tomorrow’s meeting and learn what some of those may be, Dave Paulson will be bringing us more information on SQL Server 2014 this month. He addressed that topic in a meeting before SQL Server 2014 went RTM, Remember what he said about Column Store Indexes in 2014?
In my case this is a timely topic and I look forward to hearing what Dave has to bring us.
I hope to see you all on Tuesday afternoon.
* Networking with your peers: Networking is the answer.
* WiSSUG Business: Is there anything you want to talk to your SQL Server peers about?
* Presentation by Dave Paulson
SQL Server 2014, Azure, SQL 2012
- SQL Server 2014 Hekaton (In-Memory Database) for very high performance.
- SQL Server 2014 Column Store Enhancements from SQL Server 2012.
- SQL Server 2014 Resource Governor.
- A refresher on SQL Server 2012 Availability Groups, and using them in Azure.
Dave Paulson Dave is a SQL Server Technical Specialist for Microsoft in Chicago supporting pre-sales activities for the Microsoft Midwest District. Dave has worked with various database products since the mid-1980’s. He has been with Microsoft since February of 2006 after 11 years with Oracle Corporation.
Live Meeting information
Microsoft Office Live Meeting can be used to record meetings. By participating in this meeting, you agree that your communications may be monitored or recorded at any time during the meeting
Special thanks to our sponsors: